What are DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces?
DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces bring the beauty of natural quartz together with DuPont technology to create a new and exciting possibilities. Because Zodiaq® is made of 93% quartz, it combines the unusual light play and depth of quartz crystals with exceptional clarity in a broad range of radiant colors. Quartz is also one of the hardest naturally occurring materials.
What colors, thicknesses and sheet sizes are available for Zodiaq Countertops & Zodiaq Surfaces?
The Zodiaq® palette of more than 30 colors ranging from Cloud White to Space Black.
• Slabs: Available in 52″ (1.3m) x 118″ (3m).
• Thicknesses: Available in 3/4″ (2cm) and 1-1/8″ (3cm).
Can Zodiaq® be used in food preparation areas?
DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces are nonporous and can be used in the kitchen, or wherever food is prepared. This makes Zodiaq quartz perfect for kitchen countertops.
What are the design capabilities of DuPont Zodiaq® quartz surfaces?
Zodiaq® can be used for walls and countertops. A wide variety of edge treatments are also possible. Due to the extreme hardness of the material, special diamond cutting tools must be used in fabrication.
What care and maintenance do Zodiaq® countertops Require?
Zodiaq® quartz surfaces are very easy to maintain because they are durable, nonporous and chemical-resistant. They require no sealants or waxes to retain their lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface. Routine cleaning may be done with a damp cloth or paper towel and, if necessary, a small amount of non-bleach, nonabrasive cleanser.
How well do Zodiaq® countertops withstand heat, scratches and stains?
Zodiaq® is resistant to heat, scratching and staining. However, the use of trivets or hot pads is recommended. A cutting board should be used when slicing or chopping, especially with a serrated knife. Spills should be wiped up quickly; a nonabrasive cleaning pad and a non-bleach cleaning product may be used to remove stubborn or dried spills.
Can Zodiaq® and Corian® be used together?
Yes. A Corian® sink can be installed in a Zodiaq® countertop, for example. Each material can be inlaid into the other, either along the edges or on the surfaces, for a dramatic design statement. Just as both Zodiaq® and Corian® may be combined with other materials-such as chrome, stainless steel, glass or brass-they can also be combined with each other.
Care and Maintenance of Zodiaq Quartz by DuPont
- Zodiaq® quartz surfaces are very easy to maintain. The quartz used in Zodiaq® – coupled with high-performance, stain-resistant polymers – results in a durable, nonporous, chemical-resistant surface. Zodiaq® is also heat and scratch-resistant, but not heat- and scratch-proof. Therefore, the use of trivets or hot pads are recommended with hot pots and a cutting board is recommended when using a knife.
- Of course, Zodiaq® keeps its lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface without polishing. Because it is nonporous, Zodiaq® does not require sealants or waxes.
- Zodiaq® also gives you peace of mind. In the unlikely event that you do experience any problems due to a manufacturer’s defect, you can rest assured that DuPont backs Zodiaq® with a 10-year limited warranty.
Routine Care of Zodiaq Countertops:
With simple care, Zodiaq® will retain its radiant, lustrous appearance for many years.
- For routine cleaning, use a damp cloth or paper towel and, if necessary, a small amount of non-bleach, nonabrasive cleanser.
- Even though Zodiaq® resists permanent staining when exposed to liquids (such as wine, vinegar, tea, lemon juice and soda) or fruits and vegetables, wipe up food and liquid spills as soon as possible.
- For stubborn or dried spills, use a nonabrasive cleaning pad such as a white 3M Scotch-Brite®* scrub pad coupled with Formula 409® Glass & Surface Cleaner** or a comparable cleaning product.
- Avoid using cleansers that contain bleach. Always follow the cleaner manufacturer’s use instructions and exercise proper care when handling and storing any cleaning products.
- * Scotch-Brite® is a registered trademark of the 3M Company.
- **Formula 409® Glass & Surface Cleaner is a registered trademark of the Clorox Company.
Preventing Heat and Other Damage:
- To maintain the beauty of Zodiaq®, do not place hot skillets or roasting pans directly onto the surface. DuPont recommends the use of trivets and hot pads.
Removing Difficult Spills on Zodiaq Countertops:
- Sometimes spills occur and dry on the countertop. For materials that harden as they dry (such as gum, food, grease, nail polish or paint), remove by gently scraping away the excess with a plastic putty knife.
- Permanent markers and inks may adhere to the surface of you Zodiaq countertops and should be avoided. Should these agents come into contact with the surface, clean first as outlined in Routine Care. If the stain persists, moisten a cloth with Goo Gone®, or a comparable product and rub it into the stain. Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any cleaning residue.
- When grease from cooking is an issue, use Greased Lightning™ or a comparable degreasing product to help loosen and remove the grease from the surface of your Zodiaq countertops. Use the manufacturer’s instructions for applying and removing the cleaner.
- Avoid exposing Zodiaq® quartz surfaces to strong chemicals and solvents, especially paint removers or furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride. Keep nail polish remover, bleach, bluing, permanent markers or inks, and oil soaps away from Zodiaq®.
- While casual exposure to alkaline materials will not damage Zodiaq®, highly alkaline (high-pH) cleansers are not recommended when cleaning Zodiaq®.
- If any of the substances listed above come into Zodiaq®, rinse the exposed surface immediately and thoroughly with water.