CaesarStone Quartz FAQ
How should I remove stubborn or dried spills from my CaesarStone Countertops?
Use a damp, soft cloth with warm water and soap to clean your CaesarStone countertops. If needed, apply common, non-abrasive, household cleaners such as Soft Scrub Liquid Gel with Bleach, or Comet Soft Cleanser Cream directly on a damp cloth or sponge and wipe the surface, rinsing thoroughly after cleaning. To avoid dulling the surface’s shine, make sure to use a non-abrasive cleaner, and rinse off any cleaner with water. To remove adhered material such as food, gum, or nail polish, first scrape away the excess material with a plastic putty knife and then clean the surface with a damp cloth to remove any marks left behind and any residual dirt.
How durable are CaesarStone Surfaces?
- CaesarStone countertops resistant cracks, scratches and stains. However, like most materials, excessive force and/or pressure from objects can damage your Caesarstone counter top.
- CaesarStone countertops are resistant to most stains caused by fruit juices, liquid food coloring, coffee, tea, wine, grapes and soft drinks.
- CaesarStone’s non-porous nature provides maximum resistance to staining and fully eliminates the need for any sealing. The non-porous quality of the surface also greatly reduces the potential for bacterial growth making Caesarstone ideal for kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities.
Do I need to apply a sealer to CaesarStone Countertops?
No. CaesarStone is a non-porous surface, so you will never have to apply sealer to any CaesarStone surface.
Can I cut on my CaesarStone countertop?
CaesarStone surfaces are highly scratch resistant; however, avoid using sharp objects such as sharp knives or screwdrivers directly on the surface. The use of a cutting board is always recommended to keep your CaesarStone countertops in pristine condition.
How do I maintain the natural beauty of my CaesarStone Countertops?
- Polished: Due to its high density and non-porous qualities, normal cleaning with a damp cloth and mild detergent will keep your CaesarStone surface looking like the first day it was installed. To avoid dulling the surface’s shine, make sure to use a non-abrasive cleaner, and thoroughly rinse off with water after use. We recommend a thorough cleaning of your CaesarStone surface on a regular basis (because of the patina that can develop on the surface from day from cooking, grease oils in the air) to keep the surface as beautiful as the day it was installed.
- Honed: Please understand that HONED, TEXTURED and MOTIVO finishes will require more daily maintenance than our polished finishes. Since there is more exposed surface area with honed finishes, metal marks, finger prints and other signs of daily living will show on honed material. Most of these marks can be easily removed with little effort and non-abrasive cleaning products such as Soft Scrub Liquid Gel.
How well do CaesarStone countertops withstand heat?
CaesarStone is structurally more heat resistant in comparison to other stones, including granite. However, any stone material can potentially be damaged by sudden and rapid temperature changes, especially near the edges. Therefore, using inexpensive and readily available hot pads or trivets is always recommended, especially when using cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock pots, or roaster ovens. We do not advise putting hot cookware directly on the CaesarStone surface.
Are there any chemicals or cleaners to avoid using when caring for my CeasarStone Countertops?
We recommend using cleaning products between pH 5-8, as products outside this range may damage the surface. Avoid exposing CaesarStone countertops to chemicals with pH levels outside this range, such as oven grill cleaners, floor strippers, toilet bowl cleaners, oil soaps, tarnish removers, furniture cleaners, drain products, etc. Should your surface accidentally be exposed to any potentially damaging products, rinse immediately with water to neutralize the effect.
How simple is caring for CaesarStone countertop surfaces?
CaesarStone’s care-free maintenance and everlasting benefits and performance allows more time for the things that matter most to you. Whether you selected CaesarStone to be your surface of choice for food preparation or to simply beautify your home, you can enjoy the peace of mind knowing that CaesarStone is completely worry and care-free. This is one of the largest benefits of CaesarStone, and a major reason that people are using CaesarStone more and more for their kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities.
Does CaesarStone offer a warranty?
Yes, as of February 15, 2008 CaesarStone has offered a Lifetime Warranty for all residential purchases. Please contact Capitol Granite for more information.
Can CaesarStone be used outdoors?
While some customers have opted to install CaesarStone in outdoor applications – this use is not covered by CaesarStone’s Lifetime Warranty. CaesarStone has not been tested in prolonged UV ray exposure settings.
Does CaesarStone have any other colors with recycled content?
Yes, CaesarStone offers four different recycled colors. Both CaesarStone’s Quartz Reflections and Ruby Reflections colors are made with up to 35% post-consumer recycled glass. CaesarStone’s new Chocolate Truffle and Smoky Ash colors are made with up to 17% post-consumer recycled glass.