WHAT IS QUARTZITE?
Quartzite is chiefly made up of quartz- a very resilient natural mineral. However, the quartz countertops are manufactured by fusing resins, pigments and quartz stone chips together, whereas quartzite is a metamorphic rock that began its life as sandstone primarily consisting of quartz mineral. Quartzite is a natural stone that is strikingly eye-catching with a marble-like appearance and granite-like durability with a multitude of options for surface applications. For more info check out our blog post, Nature’s Answer to Beauty and Endurance.
CHECK OUT OUR QUARTZITE SELECTION
WHAT MAKES QUARTZITE COUNTERTOPS A STANDOUT CHOICE?
Like granite, quartzite can be used in a number of applications including kitchen countertops, vanity tops, fireplace surrounds, bar tops, backsplashes, flooring, wall cladding, and more. With its exceptional durability, it is versatile for outdoor use as well.
Quartzite Colors And Finishes
Quartzite is available in every color and pattern imaginable. In pure form, it’s typically white or light in color but with the presence of other elements and minerals, shades can vary from pink and green to blue and red. You can also choose from three finishes: a shiny polished, matte honed or textured leathered.
Capitol Granite carries a variety of quartzite materials suitable for an array of project budgets for your kitchen and bath. Typically it starts at about $60/sq.ft. and goes up from there depending on the rarity of the stone. Our staff can help you select the piece that’s right for your style and needs.
How to clean quartzite
Quartzite is easily maintained with regular sealing and simple daily care using mild soaps or natural stone cleaners. If you purchase material from us we will walk you through the proper care & maintenance guidelines to keep your stone looking beautiful for years to come.
- The hardness of it is testimony to its durability since it’s unlikely for it to develop any problems even over a long period of time.
- It looks like marble, but is easier to maintain.
- Ordinary soap and water is a great cleanser – It doesn’t require any fancy cleaning material!
- It’s UV resistant and even if used outdoors, chances of fading are nil.
- Common colors match the current trends in kitchen design.
- For more info check out our blog post Nature’s Answer to Beauty and Endurance
- Although it is formed under great heat and pressure, it cannot withstand heat – Dishes from the stove or oven should not be placed directly on the countertops.
- Knives and sharp objects can make a mark so you need to use a cutting board while chopping on it.
- Much like granite, it requires periodic sealing.
- It is used in many sectors – architecture, manufacturing, and construction. It is also used commercially for decorative purposes.