ECO by Cosentino Recycled Kitchen Countertops
Eco by Cosentino FAQ
What is ECO by Cosentino?
ECO by Cosentino is a durable surface made of 75% recycled content composed of post-industrial or post-consumer materials and is bound by an environmentally friendly resin which comes in part from corn oil. ECO by Cosentino is also an ideal substitute for natural or engineered stone.
ECO by Cosentino Attributes:
- ECO by Cosentino countertops perform outstandingly against staining, scratching and scorching
- ECO by Cosentino countertops are non-porous, so it does not require sealers
- ECO by Cosentino countertops have 10 designer colors available in polished texture
- ECO by Cosentino countertops are available in 63″x 128″ slab and standard size tiles
- ECO by Cosentino countertops are backed by a 10-year limited warranty
- ECO by Cosentino is GreenGuard, NSF and Cradle to Cradle Certified
Did you know that ECO by Cosentino countertops are composed of:
- Mirrors salvaged from houses, building and factories;
- Glass from windshields, windows and bottles;
- Granulated glass from consumer recycling practices;
- Porcelain from china, tiles, sinks, toilets and ECO by Cosentino elements
ECO by Cosentino uses products that have reached the end of their lifecycle – this means materials being used in ECO by Cosentino cannot be incorporated in to any other industrial product that would otherwise collect in landfills.
In the first year’s production of ECO by Cosentino, they used the equivalent of 2 million standard sized bathroom mirrors (10.5 sq ft).
ECO by Cosentino will use the equivalent of 539K sq ft of ceramic material yearly.
ECO by Cosentino uses an eco-friendly resin with 22% of its composition coming from vegetable origin (mainly corn).
Did you know consumption of recycled materials results in:
- Elimination of waste from landfills
- Utilization of less energy in creation of new raw materials
- Brings products back to life
- Less utilization of natural resources and deforestation
Using ECO by Cosentino friendly resins results in:
- Less impact to air quality
- Less energy consumption
ECO by Cosentino Process Benefits:
- 94% Recycled Water
- 99% of VOC purification at the factory
- Quarry Restoration
Other Facts about ECO by Cosentino and the Environment:
- The production of ECO by Cosentino is expected to reuse the equivalent of 60 million glass bottles every year
- Cosentino the makers of ECO by Cosentino works with national government agencies on re-forestation practices
- Rainforests are being cut down at the rate of 100 acres per minute.
- Every year, each American throws out about 1,200 pounds of organic garbage that can be composted.
- Americans recycle nearly 13 million glass jars and bottles every day.
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can run a 100-watt light bulb for four hours. It also causes 20% less air pollution and 50% less water pollution than when a new bottle is made from raw materials.
- The European Union recycles up to 60% of its total waste annually.
- Glass never wears out – it can be recycled forever. Every month, American´s throw out enough glass bottles and jars to fill up a giant skyscraper.
- A glass bottle can take up to one million years to breakdown.
- Recycled glass can be used in numerous areas, such as creating sports turf, manufacturing kitchen tiles and providing sand to depleted beaches.
- Glass containers are 100 percent recyclable, they can be recycled endlessly; and ECO by Cosentino. Recycled glass is used as the majority ingredient in new glass containers.
- The typical glass processing facility can recycle up to 20 tons of glass per hour.
- Every ton of glass that is recycled results in one ton of raw materials saved to process new glass, including: 1,300 pounds of sand, 410 pounds of soda ash and 380 pounds of limestone.