Before you begin your remodel, remember it’s all in the details and quality. You first need to choose a color scheme, the selection of woods, the type of countertop you want and its quality and make. No matter which contracting expert you go with, every detail of your kitchen remodeling should be presented to you for approval. You should always feel like you’re in complete control.
Here are some design ideas that started out as hot trends but have now become remodeling must-haves:
- Traditional Wood: If you are a fan of a natural finish then this is the design theme for you. Traditional wooden remodeling ranges from the South American ‘country kitchen’ right up to the dark wooded and intriguing, low-beamed ceilings of northern Europe. Solid, polished wooden counter-tops are classic and demure, and draw the eye to a sleek finish that you’ll desire to run your fingertips along. Traditional wood is a finish you are unlikely to forget – or ever regret.
- Polished Steel: If cooking is your passion, then the solid and durable steel of professional kitchens might be what you need for your counters. The clean lines and easy-to-clean surface help create a state-of-the-art environment that beckons the most skilled chefs to indulge in creating dishes to defy imagination. So, if this sounds like you, then polished steel counters might be just the remodeling theme you’re looking for.
- The Quartz effect: Quartz is a beautiful stone that is very durable. The style of cabinet used and the flooring purchased will all be matched to the beautiful shimmer found in quartz. It comes in a variety of colors, but generally quartz is matched to a monochromatic black and white theme. This look allows quartz to glimmer.
- The Island: A kitchen with a free-standing island offers a range of flexibility. For instance, if you wanted to, you could have your oven or stove in the center of your kitchen. Regardless of style, countertop design, cabinet doors or flooring – having an island is a great utilization of space, optimizing even small kitchens to make use of what is there.
- Non-slip Flooring: It might sound silly but consider that the kitchen is the place where you are most likely to spill water or oil and slip. Introducing some non-slip flooring to your kitchen could save you from an accident, and is essential for parents with young children.
- Open Air: There is an increasing trend for an open airy feel. This look helps keep your kitchen feeling open and less crowded. Start with white countertops and cabinets, while keeping accessories colorful. Try moving wall cabinets to the floor and adding extra windows for that added pop of light. Light wood flooring will finish the look, and a splash of foliage will give it a ‘garden kitchen’ type feel. This is an ongoing trend unlikely to end any time soon.
If you’re thinking of remodeling your kitchen give one of the above themes a try. And remember, At Capitol Kitchens, a division of Capitol Granite, we make sure you control ALL aspects of the Kitchen Remodel process! The subcontractor variable (with all its uncertainties) is completely removed, and YOU the customer capitalizes on it. Our unique process moves very quickly, so give us a call today to get started!