Cambria Warranty Registration
Cambria Quartz FAQ
Cambria vs. Granite:
- Cambria is 93% quartz, a natural stone. Quartz is the extremely hard mineral that gives Cambria its strength. Granite is only about 40% to 60% quartz, along with other softer minerals and impurities. With Cambria, you get the look and feel of granite, but receive greater strength and the benefit of it being nonporous and maintenance free. Just wash it with warm water, and use a mild soap if desired. Cambria is stain resistant and never needs sealing or reconditioning. Granite is a porous stone and needs to be sealed regularly with a chemical treatment. It can absorb liquids and food, risking potential staining and bacterial growth within the countertop.
Cambria Countertops vs. Other Quartz Surfaces:
- Cambria is the only American company in the quartz surfaces business. Cambria’s color options are also significantly different, reflecting our knowledge and responsiveness to the marketplace.
Price of Cambria Countertops:
Is Cambria a Natural Stone?
- Yes. Cambria is pure natural quartz. Quartz is the extremely hard mineral that gives Cambria its strength. Granite is only about 40% to 60% quartz, along with other softer minerals and impurities.
Cambria’s unique process results in a natural stone product of uncommon beauty and superior strength. It’s stronger than granite and is nonporous.
Is Cambria made or manufactured in a plant?
- The Cambria facility produces natural quartz into slabs by combining pure quartz with a small amount of pigment and resin. Through the recombining process, we are able to recreate slabs that are nonporous, strong and compact.
Are Cambria Countertops Safe for food Preparation?
- Yes, Cambria countertops are nonporous and NSF* 51 certified for food and splash zones in commercial kitchens. There is no safer countertop for food preparation. * NSF International is The Public Health and Safety Company™
Range of Cambria Products:
- Cambria is an excellent surface choice for a wide variety of uses, including kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, shower and tub surrounds, furniture tabletops and accent pieces, fireplace surrounds, desk tops, wet bar areas, and window sills. Cambria is available in 1cm, 2cm and 3cm thicknesses. Various edge profiles can also create the appearance of a thicker slab.
Unique Benefits of Cambria Countertops:
- BEAUTY – Cambria is available in more than 100 designer colors. These distinct colors boast the natural beauty and variation of quarry cut stone.
- STRONG – Diamond-like hardness, superior strength. Cambria is stronger than granite, making it idea for Kitchen countertops and Bathroom Vanities.
- MAINTENANCE-FREE – Cambria Countertops do not require sealing or polishing. Simply wash it with warm water, use mild soap if desired. It’s that simple.
- FOOD SAFE – Cambria Counters are nonporous and is NSF 51 certified for food and splash zone use. Rest assured, there is no safer surface for consumers.
- STAIN RESISTANT – Cambria Countertops will resist stains from common household items such as coffee, tea and wine.
- GUARANTEED – Cambria also offers a Lifetime Limited Warrranty.
Do Cambria Countertops Require Care and Maintenance?
- No, keeping with its care-free promise, Cambria countertops requires no sealing, polishing or reconditioning…ever. Simply wipe with warm water and use mild soap if desired. Due to its nonporous nature, and unlike granite, it does NOT require regular sealing and is stain resistant.
Are Cambria Countertops resistant to surface damage?
- Cambria tops are durable and more resistant to surface damage than other stone. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip-proof. Objects hitting edges, particularly at sinks or dishwashers, may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm Cambria, no stone surface is scratch-proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone colors than multi-colored surfaces.
Do Cambria Countertops withstand heat? Can I put a hot pan or pot on top of my Cambria Countertops?
- Natural stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature, especially near the edges as well as direct and/or sustained heating of the top. Cambria may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, and some crock-pots or roaster ovens and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a hot pad or trivet is always recommended to prevent heating the product.
Are Cambria Countertops Stain Resistant?
- Cambria’s nonporous and nonabsorbent surface is resistant to staining and eliminates the need for any sealing. Its nonporous surface also greatly reduces the potential for bacterial growth from food absorbing into your countertop. This makes Cambria countertops perfect for any kitchen.