Formica Countertop Colors
Black and Gray Formica Colors:
White and Light Formica Colors:
Gold, Beige and Yellow Formica Colors:
Brown Formica Colors:
Blue Formica Colors:
Green Formica Colors:
Other Formica Colors:
Pros of Formica:
- Formica countertops are available in a variety of colors, from a natural grey hue to a deep red color, and have a waxy and smooth finish.
- Formica is heat-resistant, making it ideal for kitchen countertop use. Natural stone tends to be a bit more sensitive to heat than Formica, which can result in stains, and potential damage to your countertops.
- Formica kitchen countertops are easy to clean and maintain, making them perfect for busy cooks.
Cons of Formica:
- While quite sturdy, Formica countertops aren’t quite as durable as granite, solid-surface, or concrete countertops.
- If you scratch or chip a Formica counter, it is almost impossible to repair.
- While Formica is a more affordable kitchen countertop, choices in finishing of front edge and ends can be pricey.
When it comes time to choose a kitchen countertop, the first step is to set your budget, and then find a product that falls in that price range. While granite countertops may be impractical for some, Formica is a great option that offers style and substance at a more affordable price point.